Wednesday, June 18, 2008

God Has Used You In My Life

An extract from a letter by Ernie Reisinger to Dr. Martyn Lloyd-Jones, expressing appreciation for the influence he had exercised in his life. The letter was written on May 20, 1968:

I felt this morning I wanted to just drop you a few lines telling you how greatly God has used you in my own life and in the lives of many, many men in this country. Time would not permit me to recount the number of testimonies of preachers as to the great help they have received from your writings, and when I meet the men from your country, such as Jim Packer, Iain Murray and others, they have personally acknowledged to me their deep love and gratitude to God for your life and ministry. They have both called you ‘father’ in the proper sense of that expression.

Ernest C. Reisinger: A Biography, by Geoffrey Thomas, The Banner of Truth Trust, 2002, pp. 137-38.

No comments: